Saturday, December 1, 2012

Chaos dot to dot

I LOVE my kids, I love this phase and I am so encouraged with how smoothly everyone's falling into our new world. However, It's a lot to manage, even with the Insane hours Kevin works I still have to get him to team clean with me for the floors and bathrooms on Saturday mornings. Also I so wish my washer dryer closet was on the main level. Ours is in the basement we have to take a four person train down 15 stairs to get to the washer. Also our stairs are wood so I can't wear socks ever and I literally pray every time I walk down them with two kids in my hands that God will protect us. Sometimes I leave Ethan upstairs and listen to Audrey scream while I go get Him. Sometimes I hold Audrey's hand as she walks down and hope she doesn't fall (the steps are tall). Usually I hold one in each arm and have Audrey put her arm around Ethan. Audrey and Karaline are both so sweet to Him. They love holding Him, and petting and kissing his head. Those are the things that melt my heart. Moments of love between all of my kids make it so addictive, I don't dwell in the challenges, I live in those moments. The chaos connects the dots I guess. This week we've all been fighting a sickness of some sort (cold like) and Audrey's been super fussy, she's sick and teething. Karaline my super big helper has been cranky yesterday/today too, I'm running low on groceries. I'm Getting creative, we had bacon and eggs for dinner last night. Not feeling well has landed Audrey in a diaper. and back to taking two naps a day. I had to change my first Audrey toddler poopy diaper yesterday (nap time special), oh I'm so glad we did this potty gig. That was nasty. However, even in the midst of it all I can't help but feel joy (ok some times frazzled) and overflowing love for my little blessings. All in all, no matter how the day (and upcoming night) goes every day does end with all three of my gifts happy and asleep in their room. This phase has its trials, but it is so worth it. I am so honored that I get to have three. Although I am thinking a Friday morning cleaning lady may be the next person in our lives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment